Subject: Re: Read Only
To: Bulhan Bulhan <Bulhan_Bulhan@sybase.com>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/11/1997 09:19:07
Bulhan Bulhan wrote:

> I have just for the first time installed NetBSD on a IIvx, NetBSD 1.2.1.
> Booted without any problems. Now I would like to be edit the fstab file and
> other files residing in the root partition. The system mounts the root
> partition as read only.
>
> How do I go about changing this read-only mounted partition, are there any
> options that I have overlooked during the installation.

Before you go any further, you might want to take a look at the FAQ.  It
has answers to _many_ questions (including this one).  It's located at:

http://www.macbsd.com/macbsd/macbsd-docs/faq/

or

http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/mac68k/faq/faq.html

or any of it's mirrors (www.es.netbsd.org, www.au.netbsd.org,