Subject: Re: Driver error help needed! (esp0:4:0)
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/10/1997 13:07:54
On Thu, 7 Aug 1997, Colin Wood wrote:
> How old is the kernel you're using?

If it's the kernel I compiled for him, I think it's from mid-June sources.
I did the compile around July 4, but the -current sources from that time
had a problem with the 040 exception vectors that caused a panic during
the boot process.

BTW, Brian, the quirks stuff for that IBM drive have been included in
-current, so you should be able to use a recent (newer than late July, I
think) GENERIC kernel if you'd like.

> As for the source of these errors, I think that Allen is really the person
> who needs to look at this one.

Although I don't have any experience with the esp driver and Jaz drives,
the esp driver is the machine-independent one, which is used by a lot of
the other NetBSD ports. So, I think it's been around for a while, and
should be pretty well tested... it seems more likely to me that those
medium errors really are medium errors, not a driver problem. Of course, I
could be wrong :)
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 21 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++