Subject: Re: stability
To: Kazuyoshi Kato(kaz-k) <kazk@yyy.or.jp>
From: Daniel R. Killoran,Ph.D. <drk@shore.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/08/1997 18:07:42
>>Doh!
>>
>>I just checked, and apparently the II and IIx require special SIMM's, and
>>there might not be any 2MB SIMM's for those machines...oh well.
>>
>>Later.
>
>  Yes, it's quite hard to get 2M or even 1M PAL SIMMs these days, though
>you can use
>"standard" 30pin SIMM[1,2,4]M on II and IIx with SIMM Doubler II(MicroMac
>Product).

?????? There is no such thing as a "1M PAL SIMM"!!!
As far as I know there isn't such thing as a 2 Meg either!

The PAL chip is needed ONLY on the 4Meg SIMMs, because of a design change
in the 4Meg spec.

Dan Killoran

Got a device you would like to have run on the Mac? Call:
                 Daniel-the-Driver-Maker
      Fast service - accurate work - responsive support

         (Offer void wherever taxed or prohibited!)