Subject: topsy turvy (top problem)
To: Port Mac 68K <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/07/1997 22:21:49
Hi! I just went from using the June 1st current snapshot, with the
GENERICSBC-32 kernel, as I remember, to using the July 10th snapshot with
GENERICSBC-35. This is on an eight-meg SE/30.

With my old configuration, I had no problem running top. Now, however, I
get the following:

top: panic: nswapmap goof

I don't know what this means, or how to correct the situation. FWIW, I'm
getting this error now, with a fresh build of top 3.4 - the version which
came with the Unix System Administration Handbook's February 1997 CD. (My
old binary gave me that error, and the new one does the same.)

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this might be happening, and what I
can do to fix the problem, aside from going back to earlier software? I'd
rather stay with the most recent software possible. (Well, the most recent
snapshot, anyway... I don't know what's required to do daily source fetches
and builds.)

Thanks in advance for the help.

--
        Mason Loring Bliss    /\    mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us
      PGPKeyID: 0x25B3D5B5   /()\   awake ? sleep() : dream();