Subject: Re: HELP!!!
To: Tobias Krohn <tobbekrohn@geocities.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/07/1997 20:42:02
> Its like this I have a Performa 460 that im trying to run BSD on. But
> when i have booted and the test comes up a bit down all it says something
> like "mounting root device". I let it be for a moment but nothing happens
> so i hit return and i go in to the debbuger ( i think ). I give the
> command continue beacause thats what i want then i sais "Syncing disks or
> something and the in frezzez!!!!!
>
> HELP

Ok, but help us help you!

Two things: 1) did you remember to build devices using the installer?
Maybe try it again.

2) We REALLY need to know the error messages exactly. Such as the last
10 lines or so from just before where it gives you a prompt (where you
think it's in the debugger).

Take care,

Bill