Subject: Re: stability?
To: Hisashi T Fujinaka <htodd@fls.portland.or.us>
From: Daniel R. Killoran,Ph.D. <drk@shore.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/07/1997 17:18:15
>On Thu, 7 Aug 1997, Daniel R. Killoran,Ph.D. wrote:
>
>> In addition to which, they may fry your motherboard!
>
>OK, as a hardware designer, I'd like to know WHERE this came from.

Glad to oblige - I would like to know more about this too.
Please note, though, that I said MAY (indicating speculative info) not WILL
(indicating definite knowlege.)
On Tue, 8 Jul 1997 14:49:32 -0400
Cory Kempf <ckempf@enigami.com>
reported (on aimed-talk@aimed.org ) having recieved from Chip Merchant 64
Meg of memory for his 8500 that he reports have fried his mother board. I
don't know whether parity chips are available in the type of memory used in
the 8500, but can you think of any OTHER way a memory set could fry a
board? I don't think it is possible to install them backwards.I can send
you a copy of his complete report if you like.

Dan Killoran

Got a device you would like to have run on the Mac? Call:
                 Daniel-the-Driver-Maker
      Fast service - accurate work - responsive support

         (Offer void wherever taxed or prohibited!)