Subject: Re: Jaz disks and swap
To: None <ADAMGOOD@delphi.com>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/07/1997 12:32:52
ADAMGOOD@delphi.com wrote:

> Because I forgot to put it in my original message, I'll mention now that
> I've been running this on my PowerBook 160.
>
> Anyway, you were right about the kernel and swapon being out of sync.
> The version on my old disk was NetBSD-1.2, and I'd installed 1.2.1 on the
> Jaz drive.  My kernel is Takashi's PowerManager+IntVid kernel, and it's
> the only one that works on my PowerBook.  So I guess it's now out
> of sync with certain other binaries.  I can't wait to find which others.

Hopefully, Michael Zucca's intvid stuff will get re-integrated sometime
soon (although I have no idea when).  I believe that Takashi Hamada's
powermanager stuff is already in -current and working, tho.  Do you know
when the powerbook kernel you are using is from?  If you do a dmesg, the
kernel info should tell you something like NetBSD 1.2C or something like
that.  As for binaries being out of sync, the ones that usually cause
trouble are those that use libkvm.  There's a list of them in the FAQ.

> Oh, well.  It works now.  It's actually pretty cool to have a portable
> computer running NetBSD on a portable drive . . .

Did you change your binaries or your kernel?

> Thanks very much for pointing me in the right direction on this one.

Anytime.

Later.