Subject: Re: shutdown -r
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: xiamin <xiamin@scdesantis.ne.mediaone.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/07/1997 11:44:15
On Thu, 7 Aug 1997, Colin Wood wrote:
> Does the song sound a little ominous?  In all likelihood, you are hearing
> the death chimes...kind of strange.  That would seem to indicate that
> NetBSD is leaving your machine in a very _bad_ state on shutdown.  That
> would probably qualify as a bug ;-)  Have you tried any other kernels?  I
> believe that the MADHATTER functionality is in -current, so you should be
> able to upgrade to -current without losing anything (e.g. X).
>
> Is anyone else seeing this behavior????
Well, the last time I tried a -current kernel, which was towards the end
of June, I couldn't get X to work. The latest snapshot kernel wouldn't
boot, either. Unfortunatly I can't try new kernels' till I get back,
which will be in a few weeks. Well, I guess I'll just have to not boot
till then ;)
Simon