Subject: Re: Driver error help needed! (esp0:4:0)
To: Josh Hope <otaku@redneck.hick.com>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/06/1997 23:14:47
Josh Hope wrote:

> And are you using SBC or ncrscsi kernel?
>
> With Zip's, probably Jaz too, you need to use the SBC kernel...

No, no, no!  The problems he is seeing are with the esp driver.  This
indicates he has an ncr83c96 chip.  The sbc and ncrscsi drivers are not
even used on this machine (must be one of the '040-based machines).
Unfortunately, however, I don't know enough about SCSI errors to much more
useful on this one.  Perhaps Allen can help some since he wrote the
driver.

> On Wed, 6 Aug 1997, brian wildasinn wrote:
>
> > Driver error help needed! (esp0:4:0)
> >
> > Hi!
> > Does anyone know how to fix this? I've got netbsd on a jaz disk. The
> > driver barfs when moving files and directories from jaz partitions onto
> > a zip data disk. Both the jaz and zip partitions (useable netbsd
> > unmounted partitions) are clean with fsck -fy. The only thing i know is
> > that the 4 in (esp0:4:0) refers to the scsi address when using the
> > installer.
> >
> > # mv file1  /zip/usr
> > sd2(esp0:4:0): soft error (corrected), info = 1791975 (decimal), data =
> > 00 00 00 00 17 01 00 00 00 00 3a 1e 01 39 79 01 00

Have you seen this kind of problem _before_ moving to the July 1 snapshot?
Were you using the jaz and zip drives prior to upgrading to the new
snapshot?

Later.