Subject: PAP in ppp, help!
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: brian wildasinn <bwildasi@csulb.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/06/1997 22:12:08
hi!

does anyone know of a good faq or guide for PAP? I've got a school
account which requires this with ppp. my story is like alot of other
port-mac68k users who say that their modem dials, but drops them--some
say due to a messed up ppp-chat file.

anyway, i've got a Q700 and the scripts ppp.setup.tgz are installed, but
to no avail. could netbsd require additional setup required for
networking in order for ppp to work? or...

hasn't anyone just made an X application that prompts dummies like me
for each file which must be configured? That would be great if someone
knows where one is, or am i dreaming?

sincerely...
brian wildasinn
bwildasi@csulb.edu
notes: Q700 netbsd snapshot 060197 and X11R6