Subject: Re: stability?
To: Adrian Rollett <acrollet@andrew.cmu.edu>
From: Christopher R. Bowman <crb@glue.umd.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/06/1997 16:44:23
>	What kind of stability are those of you doing programming on these
>boxes experiencing. Can you keep them up for days and days?
>(asking for a programmer friend)
>
>-Adrian

I can't really give you long up time statistics since I perodically compile
new kernels and reboot using them. However, I can say that I can't remember
the last time I crashed the kernel, further this is the rainy season/high
electrical use season here in Washington DC and I have  been having short
blackouts.  My IIci often stays up for weeks before such a blackout or
kernel change, but then again I am working on one of the more stable
machines, the Mac IIci's are pretty well supported.  Your mileage may vary
if you have one of the stranger lc 475's or something, and I'll leave
others to comment on that, what type of machine are you considering using?

---------
Christopher R. Bowman
crb@eng.umd.edu
My home page