Subject: Re: disklabel for Iomega Jaz?
To: None <ADAMGOOD@delphi.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/06/1997 09:54:17
> Hi All,
>
> I was trying to configure a Jaz disk to install MacBSD on from the BSD side
> (rather than using the Mac formatting tools).  It's a bit of a pain.  The
> /etc/disktab file has nothing remotely resembling a modern disk (especially
> a Jaz) in it.
>
> Does anyone happen to have a more progresive disktab file they can send me?
> Or just a disktab entry suitable for a Jaz?

No. For disk parameters, use something typical like 64 sectors/track, 32
tracks/cylinder. Each cylinder is now one Megabyte.

> Has anyone ever done a complete install of MacBSD from the BSD side without
> using any of the Mac tools?

We aren't there yet. You still need mkfs and the installer. You could install
just base and cpin the other tar files. Then boot single user and just
untar the other files.

Take care,

Bill