Subject: Help with Networking
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Albers-Mead <JAM@jaminc.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/05/1997 21:43:40
I am new to the admin side of Unix-like operating systems and can't figure
out the networking stuff.  can someone tell me which files I need to mess
with to get a PPP-only connection going (no local machines yet).  All of
the info that I have found so far deals with ethernet connections except
for the PPP document which says it assumes that I have my rc.local
configured properly.   Arrgh.

  I can get ppp-up to dail the modem but I can't tell what it does after it
sounds like it connects.  I have tried pinging to both domain names and IP
addresses with no effect.

Any help greatly appreciated.

- JAM