Subject: Re: More compiling xv
To: Josh Hope <otaku@redneck.hick.com>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/04/1997 12:12:11
Josh Hope wrote:

> The compile gets to almost the end (I believe), and it errors out, saying
> it can't find -lX11. I went into the Makefile, and removed the -lX11 from
> the lib line...
>
> Then, I tried make again. I got a *lot* of undefined references, etc. I
> think this is because that X11 lib is missing :)
>
> So, any help with this?

Looks like you need to add a "-L/usr/X11/lib" to your Makefile.  Usually,
you set a variable (LIBS?) with this, and another variable (INCLUDES) with
the -I/usr/X11/include line.  This is why X applications usually have
Imakefiles, so that this kind of thing is set up for you.

I hope this helps.

Later.

I speak only for myself, not for my employer.