Subject: Trying to get Booter to behave
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ken Jones <kpjones@mole.slip.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/04/1997 00:09:13
After a week of vain attempts, I finally managed to successfully (according
to the error messages--there were none ) load bin12, netbsd, text12,
games12, and the rest of the distribution set onto an A/UX partition on my
Dove accelerated Mac II, with Mode 32 extension installed.  However, once I
open the booter and set the options and preferences, I get as far as:

'Set _mac68k_vrsrc_cnt to 0x1'
'Closing log file'

in the NetBSD/Mac68k Launch window and then everything freezes completely.
Even the power switch on the back and the restart key combo (Cmd/Ctrl/Pwr)
fail to release me from the freeze, i have to hard power off.  Does anyone
have experience with either accelerators for Mac II or with a potential
conflict between the system software?  I have tried both System 7.5.5 and
System 7.1, in the hopes the conflict was with recent system software.
Neither works.

TIA

--  Ken Jones
    In flight process service
    kpjones@pop.slip.net
    If you want commercial spam, you'll have to finger me

"Years ago, My mother used to say to me, she'd say, "In this world Elwood,
you must be (she'd always call me Elwood) In this world Elwood, you must be
oh so smart, or oh so pleasant.  Well, for years I was smart -- I recommend
pleasant.  You may quote me."

--Elwood P. Dowd, from Mary Chase's Pulitzer Prize-winning play, "Harvey"