Subject: Re: IIvx working?
To: Ben Cottrell <benco@pendor.mckusick.com>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@og.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/03/1997 13:11:40
On Fri, 1 Aug 1997, Ben Cottrell wrote:

> So my next question is: Would gdb on a netbsd/sun3 machine be likely to be
> able to read and step through the dump?

It can't; there is an effort underway to create a common libkvm, and it's
nearly realized in NetBSD-current.  We're not quite there, yet.

> Failing that, would the dump be
> useful to anyone else if I put it up for ftp?

Sorry, I have no 1.2 or 1.2.1 systems... I can't help you here.

You might consider compiling a kernel with DDB and using that to figure
out what's happening.  It's not as nice as gdb but will get the job done.
The ddb(4) man page has details on the commands you can type at the db>
prompt.

--scott