Subject: NetBSD vs MkLinux
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dan Heller <heller@andrew.cmu.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/01/1997 00:10:49
I have a q610, and I recently found a company that offers logic board
upgrades for a q610 to a PowerMac 6100/60 for $300.  I am considering
this, and it would mean running mklinux on that machine as opposed to
netbsd.  I have some experience with mklinux because it is installed on
my PowerTower.

Basically, I was wondering if someone could give me a rundown of the
current advantages/disadvantages of both systems, aside from the
increased speed of the 601.  If it is important, the machine is going to
be used as a server, mainly web, ftp, majordomo, and hopefully imap, and
the occasional x-session...

I welcome all input.  If you reply to the mailing list, please cc: me as
well.

TIA

Dan Heller

Dan Heller