Subject: Re: root shell?
To: Ben Cottrell <benco@pendor.mckusick.com>
From: John Ostrowick <jon@colossus.cs.wits.ac.za>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/31/1997 21:26:30
ok, thanks; tcsh is in /etc/shells (of course i knew that) - but it still
misbehaves :-(

>The same arguments go for sh vs. bash.

ok, and supposing that i'm working on the assumption that my system will
never die as described -? surely that'd be ok - to use say tcsh?

>> is bash fully comaptible with sh or csh? would *that* be an acceptable
>> replacement? does anyone have bash compiled for netbsd? :-)
>
>bash is a superset of sh, just like tcsh is a superset of csh. And yeah,
>bash is easy to compile under NetBSD :-)

any helpful urls :-) ?
sunsite is quite big to search thru and not logically organised at all.

John Ostrowick
Computer Science Department,   University of the Witwatersrand
1 Jan Smuts Ave, Johannesburg, South Africa. Senate House 1012
Phone: +27 11 716-3783         Fax: +27 11 339-3513
jon@cs.wits.ac.za              jon@is.co.za
My web page: http://macaroni.cs.wits.ac.za/more/jon/aboutme.html
My ftp site: ftp://macaroni.cs.wits.ac.za
My listserv: http://macaroni.cs.wits.ac.za/listservs.html