Subject: 1.2.1 corruption
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Eric C Wagner <wagnerer@umich.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/31/1997 22:50:22
I just got 1.2.1 working on a IIci with cache. The problem I'm having is
that the file system keeps getting corrupted. I have one partition for
root/usr and one for swap. Booting in single user I can fix things with
fsck but as soon as I log out and multiuser starts up it complains the
file system is corrupt. Random files get botched each time around so for
one boot vi is bad and everything else is okay. Another hostname dies and
vi works. I notice that when shutting down just after it does the sync it
complains about not trusting something but it disappears too quickly for
my to read what. Any ideas?

I've formatted the drive multiple times and run block checks and
everything comes out okay. While I'm running the problem doesn't get worse
its only when shutting down and when leaving single user mode.

Eric Wagner                               Phone : 313-647-5525
1962 Cooley Building                      Fax   : 313-763-4540
University of Michigan                    E-Mail: wagnerer@umich.edu
Ann Arbor, MI 48109                       WWW   : http://www.umich.edu/~wagnerer

Quote of the day:  If I had thought about it, I wouldn't have done the
                   experiment. The literature was full of examples that said
                   you can't do this.
                      -----Spencer Silver on the work that led to the unique adhesives for 3-M Post-It Notepads.