Subject: Re: Duo 230
To: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
From: Mark Andres <mark@ratbert.aisol.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/31/1997 11:20:20
Hi,

Umm, we are talking about a Duo here.  I seriously doubt that the Duo 230
was supported in the distribution 1.2.1.  My recommendation would be to
stop and immediately visit Daishi's pages on geting the Duo 230 running
under NetBSD.

  http://shimura-www.cs.titech.ac.jp/~daishi/macbsd/netbsd-e.html

It may work with the 1.2.1 distribution, but I think you might want to
follow what Daishi recommends.

BTW, the URL for the MacBSD FAQ (also excellent reading) is:

  http://www.macbsd.com/macbsd/macbsd-docs/faq/

Mark

On Wed, 30 Jul 1997, Henry B. Hotz wrote:

> At 3:52 PM 7/30/97, Avante wrote:
> >ANY suggestions on how to proced so I can run netbsd on my duo 230.
> Use the FAQ, Luke.  Somewhere on http://www.macbsd.com/.
>
> Make sure you use a 1.2.1 kernel with the 1.2.1 distribution, and a
> -current kernel with the -current distribution.  If you have problems with
> disk errors try switching from a ...SBC kernel to regular or vice versa.

Mark Andres   E-mail: mark@ratbert.aisol.net
    Running NetBSD, 100% Microsoft Free!
 http://www2.giganet.net/private/users/mark/