Subject: Re: -current and Perl
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: Steve Quint <Squint@flash.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/30/1997 23:31:54
At 17:50 -0700 7/30/97, Colin Wood wrote:

>> I'm running a installation of the June snapshot with July's base and comp
>> files, and I'm having a problem trying to build Perl 5.004.
>
>What exactly core dumps???  Is it perl, make, the bourne shell?  If it's
>the latter, maybe there's a problem (I keep getting random sh core's from
>my ppp scripts )-:

I'm not sure if there are more than one problem.  At the point where the
core dump occurs in the configure script, the script starts a subshell, and
writes a temporary file, then excutes that file.  I've added some code and
should have a better answer in the morning.

When I try to do a `make` it returns with an error after a subprocess core
dumps, so it *could* be the borne shell.

I guess I was hoping someone could confirm that he has encountered the same
problem when trying to build Perl under current.

Steve