Subject: Re: Mkfs 1.44 Whats the deal?
To: port-mac68k <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@metronet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/30/1997 21:35:51
>Hey, What's the deal with the Mkfs 1.44 source?  I downloaded it, and it
>compiled fine under codewarrior, but when you run it all it does is print
>console inited, and then the I don't remember any errors message, and
>quits.  Anyone know what is going on?

Just to let everyone know, Mkfs 1.44 appears to be OK.  The binary that
is posted on Puma and NetBSD.org runs fine and does appear to finally fix
the off-by-one error in the scan for disk Partitions.  Dave Huang
deserves the credit for getting me pointed in the right direction on
this.  He also found a number of other minor bugs and cosmetic nits that
were fixed (and a few that are still pending).

The sources for Mkfs 1.44 are also posted and they are also OK.  However,
this version was built with the latest "Metrowerks Code Warrior Pro 1"
version.  Apparently the Project files are not backwards compatible, so
if anyone wants to compile their own copy they must define the Project
from scratch.  I didn't think to put anything into the README file that
defines which files need to be included in the Project, and this might
cause some problems. The "data.c", "interface.c", "mkfs.c", "newfs.c",
"ufs.c" and "ufs read.?.rsrc" files must all be included.  The "rsrc"
file is a ResEdit-type file that contains all the windows, alert boxes,
and dialog boxes.

Hope this clears things up about the new Mkfs 1.44 utility.
-bob