Subject: IIvx working?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ben Cottrell <benco@pendor.mckusick.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/30/1997 16:12:08
I haven't kept up with the mac68k port ever since I got a faster machine than
my IIvx, and it went in the closet. Now, however, I need an extra machine and
I dragged it out again, but I had problems getting NetBSD 1.2 to work on it.

I'm ftping across a 1.1 distribution as I type to see if that might fix it,
but still, it *should* work with 1.2, shouldn't it? The symptom is that the
kernel gives the copyright UC regents message and then just hangs. This
happens with the 1.2 distribution kernel as well as both #32 kernels on the
snapshot section of ftp.netbsd.org; the #36 kernels in the same place panic
with a VM-related message.

I've checked the standard stuff: 1-bit video mode, 32-bit addressing,
MacOS VM turned off, etc. I'll try booting a 1.1 kernel when it finishes
ftping. Anyone got any other clues?

Thanks,
	~Ben