Subject: -current and Perl
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Steve Quint <Squint@flash.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/30/1997 13:25:42
I'm running a installation of the June snapshot with July's base and comp
files, and I'm having a problem trying to build Perl 5.004.

During the configuration, one of the tests core dumps when it's trying the
extract C preprocessor symbols, and 'make' fails on the first line.  I at
first thought this was a problem with Perl 5.004, but trying to build Perl
5.003 produces the same results.  I've built Perl with earlier snapshots
without a single hitch.

Any suggestions, hints?  I remember seeing a Perl thread here a while back.
Did something break?  Have I gone off the deep end?

June snapshots
July comp and base files
Custom kernel and GENERIC-35 produces the same result.
Mac IIci 8/220

Steve