Subject: Re: Browsers (was: Re: Arena)
To: Benoit MARTEL <magus@cs.mcgill.ca>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/28/1997 20:10:12
At 18:15 Uhr +0200 26.07.1997, Benoit MARTEL wrote:
>I remember using an emacs-mode for web browsing. It was graphics capable
>(I'm talking Xemacs of course) and worked quite well. I dont know where
>to find it though, it was just "on the system" when I was working at IBM
>Toronto Lab. If anyone know where I can get the source, I'd be interested.

XEmacs 1.15 has WWW mode onboard (I think the current patch level is around
7, see www.xemacs.org). But even on a K5/166 machine it is dog slow
compared to e.g. Netscape 3. I mainly use it to preview html sources.

On my Q700 here at home XEmacs is as slow as FSF Emacs on an SE/30 which
means next to unusable. You wouldn`t want to try. Really.  ;)

	hauke