Subject: Re: Performa 630
To: Jens Rittscher <hase@iam.uni-bonn.de>
From: Mark Andres <mark@ratbert.aisol.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/28/1997 17:44:02
Hi,

On Mon, 28 Jul 1997, Jens Rittscher wrote:

> I only just subscribed the port-mac68k-digest so I am sorry for asking
> an old boring question.

Welcome!

> I have a performa 630 with and internal IDE harddisk and an external
> SCSI harddisk. In case I would upgrade to a full 86040 processor
> with FPU would I then be able to run NetBSD including X?

Assuming you have a full 68040, the only other problem I cna see will be
your IDE drive.  I believe that the mac68k port of NetBSD does not support
the IDE drives, so you will have to put everything for NetBSD on your SCSI
drive.

Assuming you have the disk space, I see no reason why you shouldn't be
able to run X in black and white.  Color X on internal video is still at
the "coming soon" stage.  For your 630, you will need a "current" snapshot
and kernel.  You should be able to get them at:

   ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/mac68k/latest/snapshot
   ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/mac68k/latest/kernels

Hope this helps,

Mark Andres   E-mail: mark@ratbert.aisol.net
    Running NetBSD, 100% Microsoft Free!
 http://www2.giganet.net/private/users/mark/