Subject: Re: X for IIci
To: Amitai Schlair <amitai.schlair@usa.net>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/27/1997 19:38:11
Amitai Schlair wrote:

> I know there's a whole lotta FAQ on this, but it seems out of date...
>
> I'm going to be running NetBSD 1.2.1 on a IIci and am curious which
> package I need to d/l to get X (preferably color). The X server will be
> running on another computer, so that should simplify things somewhat.

Actually, the FAQ is quite up to date on this matter.  Please read it and
follow its advice.  No real changes with regards to the X binaries have
been made since January or March of this year.

> As I'm a newbie, I'd prefer something that doesn't involve kernel
> tweaking if possible -- ideally straightforwardly compilable source or
> binaries. Thanks!

You probably won't have to do any kernel hacking as long as you can find a
kernel which supports LKM's (since that's the easiest way to do color X).

I hope this helps some.

Later.

I speak only for myself, not for my employer.