Subject: Re: X for IIci
To: Amitai Schlair <amitai.schlair@usa.net>
From: Christopher R. Bowman <crb@Glue.umd.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/27/1997 21:55:03
On Sun, 27 Jul 1997, Amitai Schlair wrote:

> I know there's a whole lotta FAQ on this, but it seems out of date...
>
> I'm going to be running NetBSD 1.2.1 on a IIci and am curious which
> package I need to d/l to get X (preferably color). The X server will be
> running on another computer, so that should simplify things somewhat.
>
> As I'm a newbie, I'd prefer something that doesn't involve kernel
> tweaking if possible -- ideally straightforwardly compilable source or
> binaries. Thanks!

If you want to do the displaying on another computer (ie the server runs
elsewhere) then the standard 1.2 X package should work one url for this
is:
ftp://gatekeeper.dec.com/pub/BSD/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.2/mac68k/X11/

I don't run 1.2.1 on my IIci but the 1.2 X distribution works on my 1.2
system on my IIci, displaying on my FreeBSD box.

---------
Christopher R. Bowman
crb@Glue.umd.edu
My home page