Subject: Re: support for Quadra 660AV
To: Nathaniel R. Fellows <nat@stonebreaker.com>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/25/1997 15:32:55
On Fri, 25 Jul 1997, Nathaniel R. Fellows wrote:
> Hello. I just joined the list, so please forgive me if I am not current
> on everything.I am wondering if anybody knows about onboard video
> support for MacBSD on the Quadra 660AV. I have looked at all of the
> reference material on the web pages, including the mac68k Machine Status
> (dated 8 Jan 97). For onboard video, it has a "?". Does anybody know
> about this? It would also be helpful to know about any other issues w/ a
> Q660AV before I take the plunge.

Onboard video works fine... X and dt will only run in black and white mode
though. I think you'll also need a custom kernel to get X and dt working;
if you're interested, the kernel I use is available at
http://www.bga.com/~khym/netbsd/

As for other issues, the built in ethernet doesn't work, and the sound
doesn't work either. SCSI is a bit slow, but very stable, in my
experience.
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 21 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++