Subject: Re: Any one else had problems building in /usr/src ?
To: Christopher R. Bowman <crb@Glue.umd.edu>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/25/1997 12:26:57
Christopher R. Bowman wrote:

> Just as a personal sanity check here, I have been supping every day or so for
> the last 2 weeks or so and I never seem to be able to get my /usr/src
> tree to make.
>
> I did a cd /usr/src ; make clean ; make and the build falls over in
> /usr/src/bin/csh/printf.c, and again on /usr/src/bin/pax/buf_subs.c
> both these files seem to compile fine with out the -W flags.  Would
> some one please sanity check me and go to these directories and do
> a make clean ;make and let me know if you get the same error?
> I find it hard to believe that I haven't seen anyone else with this
> problem since it would seem that it is a real pain.
>
> Have I missed something?  Any suggestions would be welcome.

Are you subscribed to current-users?  This is the kind of question that
really should be posted there, and answers to this question may have
already been given (the usual answer is resup and try again).  Since
-current is ever-changing, it's somewhat common for things not to compile
from day to day.

Later.

Colin