Subject: Re: mac68k on LC520 setup
To: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/25/1997 10:49:44

> On Fri, 25 Jul 1997, Andy wrote:
> > Damn. Then where was I reading that they were talking to the guy who made
> > Software FPU, and were going to incorporate FPU emulation?
>
> I'm not positive about this myself, but I think FPU emulation for 020 and
> 030 machines works fine. FPU emulation for the 68LC040 exists, but is
> buggy...

Right. The thing is that there were some changes made by Motorola to
the FPE (floating point emulation) stuff for the LC040, which we've not
gotten right. One problem was that we had part of the stack size wrong
(the stuff thrown on the stack when the CPU hits an unknown
instruction), thus obscuring other errors.

I wish I could help more.

Take care,

Bill