Subject: Re: support for Quadra 660AV
To: Nathaniel R. Fellows <nat@stonebreaker.com>
From: Michael R Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/25/1997 12:59:36
> Hello. I just joined the list, so please forgive me if I am not current =
> on everything.I am wondering if anybody knows about onboard video =
> support for MacBSD on the Quadra 660AV. I have looked at all of the =
> reference material on the web pages, including the mac68k Machine Status =
> (dated 8 Jan 97). For onboard video, it has a "?". Does anybody know =
> about this? It would also be helpful to know about any other issues w/ a =
> Q660AV before I take the plunge.

I believe that the Q660AV's internal video is supported -current.
However, this currently means black and white only.

Color support should be comming along with color support for everybody
else in the near future. The 840 and 660 AV machines have the same
video controller as in the PDM PowerMacs. Luckily, there is code in
MkLinux which shows how to use that video conroller.