Subject: Re: Any one else had problems building in /usr/src ?
To: Christopher R. Bowman <crb@Glue.umd.edu>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/24/1997 22:50:04
On Thu, 24 Jul 1997, Christopher R. Bowman wrote:
> I did a cd /usr/src ; make clean ; make and the build falls over in
> /usr/src/bin/csh/printf.c, and again on /usr/src/bin/pax/buf_subs.c
> both these files seem to compile fine with out the -W flags.  Would
> some one please sanity check me and go to these directories and do
> a make clean ;make and let me know if you get the same error?
> I find it hard to believe that I haven't seen anyone else with this
> problem since it would seem that it is a real pain.

Hmm, csh doesn't have a printf.c... it gets printf.c from
../../usr.bin/printf. Anyways, it compiles fine for me... Make sure you
don't have an err.h file in /usr/src/bin/csh or /usr/src/bin/csh/obj or
wherever your objects go. It's been renamed to errnum.h, I think.

As for the pax problem, I get that too, and I saw some stuff about it on
current-users. Apparently, it affects all m68k ports. Something about gcc
not quite doing the right thing, I think.
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 21 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++