Subject: Re: X doesn't run....
To: None <kenn@eden.rutgers.edu>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/24/1997 17:00:46
Ken Nakata wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Jul 1997 02:36:27 +0900,
> Tsukasa Koizumi <pigtail@tpro.com> wrote:
> > I think, A message "ite grf0 not conofigurated" is a reason of it that
>
> Probably yes.  And if that's the case, you cannot remedy the symptom
> by changing the X server.  It can only be remedied by changing kernel.

I've had this message (i.e. that "ite at grf0 not configured") since at
least April, and it hasn't affected my ability to run X or use the console
at all.  I really wonder just how useful such a diagnostic is....????

> > #I have all sources of X11R6 (from NetBSD-current). I can patch to them
>
> X11R6 source from NetBSD-current?  NetBSD current source tree now
> includes XFree86 (which is based on, but not the same as, X11R6) but I
> didn't know it was already available for sup or ftp.

It's not, or at least it wasn't yesterday.  The contrib and docs
directories are available, but the server and binaries are still waiting,
I guess.

> Besides, NetBSD's XFree86 source does not have the mac68k server
> source in the tree.

Quite true ;-)  Maybe by 1.3 (yeah, right, and pigs will fly ;-P )

Later.

Colin