Subject: Re: mkfs 1.43 doesn't see all of my partitions
To: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@metronet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/24/1997 17:51:40
Dave Huang wrote:

>Well, I've already gotten everything partitioned, and NetBSD's mostly
>reinstalled now (just have to tweak a couple of rc files and stuff). Your
>suggestion sounds like it'd work though... but why doesn't mkfs see the
>last partition?

When I first discovered this problem last year I relied on the error
report produced by one of the 3rd party disk formatters I used during
testing.  Based on some of the information you  posted when you
encountered the problem maybe the off-by-one answer isn't entirely
correct. I'm now wondering if the pmBlkCnt is being used incorrectly by
some formatters rather than being incorrectly specified, and I've got
some ideas how to fix this.

Since I just received my Metrowerks Codewarrior Professional CDROM, I'll
see if it lives up to it's name and can produce a professional solution
with my non-professional code.

BTW, for anyone who is interested, Metrowerks is running a special until
the end of the month for out-of-date subscribers.  Anyone with an old
version of CW can upgrade to the Professional package for $199 and that
includes two updates.  For users with an old Academic Gold CW the upgrade
to Professional is $280.  That's about 1/2 the price for a new license.

-bob