Subject: mkfs 1.43 doesn't see all of my partitions
To: None <khym@bga.com>
From: brian wildasinn <bwildasi@csulb.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/24/1997 12:05:29
Showing all partitions in mkfs

Just partitioned a gig and had the same problem. One note in the faq's
helped me: put a 1k scratch partition at the end of those partitions
that will become netbsd partitions. This solves the error-by-one in
mkfs, and allows mkfs to show more partitions. Also note that only 5 of
all partitions on a disk can become netbsd partitions per harddrive, i
think but could be wrong, although the installer (1.1e at least) shows
quite a few more partitions--which appears to be creeping featurism.

 On Wed, 23 Jul 1997 16:19:24 -0700 (PDT) Dave Huang wrote:
> Subject: Re: mkfs 1.43 doesn't see all of my partitions[A
>
> [partitioning tale of woe]
>
> > So, what's with this? :) I ended up going to that web site mentioned in
> > the FAQ to find the Apple HD SC Setup patch. Partitioned the drive with
> > it, and mkfs showed root, swap, and usr. No HFS though, but I didn't care

hope that helps!

sincerely...brian
bwildasi@csulb.edu
ps. thanks again for compiling a kernel for me--works great!