Subject: Re: NetBSD for Performa 475/630
To: Christoph Frerichs <uzs0f9@ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de>
From: Mark Andres <mark@ratbert.aisol.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/24/1997 21:42:23
Hi,

Both the 475 and 630 share one problem, the 68LC040 as noted below.  The
745s also have the added problem of having a different ADB controller
which means you have to use a serial console since you cannot use a
keyboard.  For information about the 68LC040 problem, see

   http://www.macbsd.com/macbsd/LC040-and-BSD.html

Mark

On Thu, 24 Jul 1997, tcjam wrote:

> Someone correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the problem the 680LC40?
>
> On Thu, 24 Jul 1997, Christoph Frerichs wrote:
>
> > According to the "supported hardware page" there is no fully working
> > version of NetBSD for the Performa 475/630 computers. Is anyone
> > developing on a NetBSD version for this machines? What are the problems
> > with them?

Mark Andres   E-mail: mark@ratbert.aisol.net
    Running NetBSD, 100% Microsoft Free!
 http://www2.giganet.net/private/users/mark/