Subject: Re: New to NetBSD
To: Michael Phillip <mphillip@nyx.net>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/23/1997 18:49:28
> I have just gotten a Mac SE30 and want to run BSD on it. What is the best
> version as far as stability goes? Also how large a hard drive is absolutely
> needed to install NetBSD if that is all I want to run?

It depends on exactly what you want to do. Version 1.2.1 is fine on an
SE/30. I think the April snapshot (which has unfortunately disapeared)
worked fine. You might try the 970601 snapshot on ftp.netbsd.org.

Unfortuntatly it seems a bug crawled into the snapshots, and SE/30s have
video problems (which is weird as they'd worked for years). Watch the
list in the next few days as we figure out what's up.

Take care,

Bill