Subject: Re: mkfs 1.43 doesn't see all of my partitions
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/23/1997 19:42:41
On Wed, 23 Jul 1997, Bill Studenmund wrote:
> Looks like you might be hitting the off-by-one error. It's weird that
> it comes and goes. It would have been interesting to see what was going
> on (according to HD SC Setup) when you were playing with the other
> partitioner.

Sure, that can be arranged :) I repartitioned with Alliance Power
Tools, the way I had done it originally: root, swap, usr, and finally
HFS. I then went to look at the partitions in HD SC Setup:

Number   Type                  Name                  Title
0        Apple_partition_map   Apple                 Partition Map
1        Apple_Driver          Macintosh             Mac Driver
3        Apple_UNIX_SVR2       UNIX Root slice 0     Apple_UNIX_SVR2
4        Apple_UNIX_SVR2       Swap                  A/UX Swap slice 1
5        Apple_UNIX_SVR2       UNIX Usr slice 2      Apple_UNIX_SVR2
2        Apple_HFS             MacOS                 Big Blue

(Yes, the partition numbers are really like that :) And like before,
mkfs only saw HFS, root, and swap (they were listed in that order).
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 21 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++