Subject: X Question
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Josh Hope <otaku@redneck.hick.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/23/1997 02:48:56
I've seen this question here on this list many times, unfortunately I
never payed much attention to the answer since I never thought I'd want to
run X...since I saw it mentioned so often, I checked for it in the
FAQ...but it wasn't there...

I got the X that's described in the FAQ. Decompressed xbase12 and the
xserver. When I run startx, it sits there for a while (about 10 mins,
a little X cursor and nothing more happens and I am forced to restart the
machine (which really ruined my new 5 day uptime record)...oh, I can move
the cursor around...but that's about it.

Anyways, I am pretty sure I must create a .something file in my home
dir...but I'm not sure what this file should be called, nor do I know what
belongs in it...

Any help, would be much appreciated :) Thanks for putting up with my
ignorance...

Josh