Subject: Re: -current
To: xiamin <root@scdesantis.ne.mediaone.net>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/22/1997 17:06:22
On Tue, 22 Jul 1997, xiamin wrote:
> On a related note, dt doesn't work right either, it just clears the
> screen, hitting control-c makes a black line appear.
> Xiamin

Hmm, that sounds like a bug I saw a long time ago that would show up if
the framebuffer didn't start on a page boundary. It's been fixed for
internal video for a long time though. Nubus video still seems a bit
weird; I think someone mentioned this already, but I don't think
anything's been done about it yet. It looks like the framebuffer offset
thing is being added into the framebuffer address twice.

Are you using internal or nubus video, and which kernel is this again?
GENERIC 34? Or was that the one that wouldn't even boot?

Dahan: Hani G Y+C 21 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++