Subject: Re: -current kernels
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: Erik Bertelsen <erik@sockdev.uni-c.dk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/22/1997 23:35:07
On Tue, 22 Jul 1997, Colin Wood wrote:

.. Given the number of posts I've seen recently on the subject, does anyone
.. have a -current kernel that fully works (i.e. enough to actually run X) on
.. the mac68k port?  If not, something is seriously broken, and we need to
.. try to figure out what is causing the trouble here...

Yes. I'm running -current on my Q610 with almost daily updates
and kernel compilations.

I'm running with X (b&w) and have had no problems with X for several
months.

The only problem that I have with the mac68k port is that since the
update to the swap space handling, the machine seems to panic
on medium to heavy load (i.e. several concurrent compilations,
an emacs, and X) -- but not immediately provokable, it takes some time.

It always happens at inconvenient times -- ;-) -- and I have not (yet)
taken the time to write down the panic messages or tracebacks.

- Erik