Subject: Re: make to run CAP
To: Tsukasa Koizumi <pigtail@tpro.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/22/1997 11:47:35
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to run CAP (patched level 198) on NetBSD/mac68k (SE/30).
>
> It has succeeded to compile CAP with UAR or no option for IP tunnelling.
> But I don't have UAR and IPTalk router in my network. I tryed to run
> Macintosh UAR, It would not work with CAP for UAR. I think, Macintosh
> UAR doesn't support CAP.

What is Macintosh UAR? For use w/ NetBSD, you want to be running UAR
for unix. ???

> Compiling CAP with native EtherTalk and UAB, and compiling UAR don't
> succeed. Following are output of compiling them. ofcouse, I dont' forget
> to make a symbolic link from /usr/include/netinet/if_inarp.h to if_ether.h.
> Please make for me another or more advices to compile them.

Don't bother with UAB. It's out of date and not maintained.

> *making UAR
> --------------------
> se30[4]# make
> cc   -c uar.c
> cc   -c aarp.c
> cc   -c ddp.c
> cc   -c rtmp.c
> cc   -c nbp.c
> cc   -c zip.c
> cc   -c stats.c
> cc   -c cap.c
> cc   -c tnnl.c
> cc   -c pf.c
> pf.c: In function `setup_pf':
> pf.c:878: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> *** Error code 1

Hmmm. You might need to define __386BSD__ to get it to work. That define
looks weird, but it doesn't turn on any 386-specific code. All the
freely distributed BSD's can trace their lineage back to it. You basically
need to include the header file (or more likely turn on the flags which
will) which conntains the definition for whatever setup_pf is pointing
to.

Take care,

Bill