Subject: ae0 vice sn0
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/22/1997 10:24:19
I'm looking at updating the networking setup howto.  We now use
ifconfig.ae0 instead of hostname.ae0, but we also have acquired a new class
of ethernet interfaces based on the SONIC chip and using the sn driver.

Is there any hint in the display for MacTCP (or OT) which would clue
someone that they will use the sn driver or the ae driver?  Or do we just
have to write a note that tells them to look at the boot messages or model
number?