Subject: A3 Mouse [was Re: Asante Ethernet card support?]
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/22/1997 08:59:08
Amitai Schlair wrote:

> > I'm pretty sure that this is the card mentioned in the ethernet status
> > page.  It seems that Asante cards appear to work pretty well with most
> > machines running NetBSD.
>
> That was my impression too... thanks for the info and a very helpful
> FAQ!
>
> I don't know much about optical mice, but for $7 I grabbed an A3.
> Unfortunately, it doesn't work on my IIci -- the cdev recognizes it OK,
> but the cursor doesn't move. Any ideas?

Do you mean that it doesn't move under MacOS?  If that's the case, it's
probably broken...sounds pretty familiar, mine is too, at them moment.
Fortunately, mine's still under warranty, I just need to send the damn
thing in to get it fixed.  You might want to contact Mouse Systems and see
what they say.  Oh, are you using the optical mouse pad?  It has a hard
time moving without one of those.  Also, can you use the keyboard when the
mouse is plugged in?  (I currently can't, so I think that my mouse is
spewing crap into the ADB interface, thus blocking keyboard input as
well...ugh!)

Hope this helps some.

Later.

Colin

P.S. I'm sending this to the list since I just got a bounce from you email
address.