Subject: Re: Compiling the system
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: Daniel R. Killoran,Ph.D. <drk@shore.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/21/1997 16:53:48
Colin wrote:

>> >Do you mean that the m68k directory is missing?  If so, this directory is
>> >quite necessary for a mac68k kernel compile, and you should obtain a copy
>> >before doing anything else.
>>
>> It really is missing - unless it is in some other "tree". I extracted the
>> sources into /usr/src, as suggested.
>
>There should be a directory called /usr/src/sys/arch/m68k/
>

>Try looking in the path above.

OK, m68k is actually there, all right - I just took a "wrong turn" when
descending the tree!

>> I'll give it a try!

It worked! compiled without a hitch! However, it took 4 HOURS on my 12 Meg
IIvx, rather than the 1.5 hours it was supposed to take on an SE30! It must
have got bigger since that was done!

Thanks loads!

Dan Killoran

Got a device you would like to have run on the Mac? Call:
                 Daniel-the-Driver-Maker
      Fast service - accurate work - responsive support

         (Offer void wherever taxed or prohibited!)