Subject: Re: more on 2 ethernets
To: xiamin <root@scdesantis.ne.mediaone.net>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/21/1997 10:13:47

> On Mon, 21 Jul 1997, Colin Wood wrote:
> > Needless to say, that particular card usually just works (mine has worked
> > quite well in the past ;-).  Hopefully, changing slots will fix it.
> Changing the slots fixed it, and switching back to Madhatter #40 made the
> failed to map slot 9 error go away.

Yea!

> Now, I need to get dhclient to not try and configure ae0, and only work
> on sn0, and I need to make hostname.ae0 of ifconfig.ae0, can anyone help
> me with that?

If you're running 1.2D (the April snapshot, I think), then you need to
use the ifconfig.XX files. Look in /etc/netstart. It should either
mention ifconfig.$int (where int will be an interface name in a loop),
or hostname.XX files.

The ifconfig.XX files are easy. Just put in what you'd type in an
ifconfig command:

inet name-for-that-port netmask the-netmask  etc

Where name-for-that-port is either a full IP address, or it's a name
in /etc/hosts.

Take care,

Bill