Subject: Re: video_lkm with 1.2G
To: David Bushong <dbushong@cory.EECS.Berkeley.EDU>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/20/1997 19:40:58
There's been a _lot_ of changes since Taras' original color kit, including
some pretty significant ones regarding bus mapping (implementation of the
bus_space_*() stuff comes to mind).

I haven't bothered to update Taras' code, since I'm working on a more
complete integration of the ROM-based slot manager into NetBSD.  Once I've
got that part completed, I'll update the video_lkm portion of Taras' code.
But it's gonna take a while....

On Sun, 20 Jul 1997, David Bushong wrote:

> I noticed that when I recently tried to recompile Taras Ivanenko's color
> video lkm under a 1.2G system that quite a few errors cropped up.  Has
> anyone managed to recompile this with a recent (-current) system?  The
> problems seem to be related to changed in the nubus or grf code, rather
> than lkm interfaces, but I can't be sure... here's some of the output:
>
> cc -D_KERNEL -D_LKM -I/sys -I/sys/arch -Werror -Wno-uninitialized -c video_lkm_module.c
> video_lkm_module.c: In function `video_mv_phys':
> video_lkm_module.c:57: structure has no member named `virtual_base'
> video_lkm_module.c: In function `open_video_driver':
> video_lkm_module.c:351: warning: passing arg 1 of `nubus_find_rsrc' makes
> integer from pointer without a cast
>
> and myriad other errors related to nubus_find_rsrc..
>
> Any ideas?
>
> --David Bushong
> --dbushong@cory.eecs.berkeley.edu

| Paul Goyette       | PGP Public Key fingerprint:  | E-mail addresses:     |
| Network Consultant |     0E 40 D2 FC 2A 13 74 A0  |  paul@whooppee.com    |
| and kernel hacker  |     E4 69 D5 BE 65 E4 56 C6  |  paul_goyette@ins.com |