Subject: Spam about ipnat
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: xiamin <root@scdesantis.ne.mediaone.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/20/1997 11:38:29
Sorry for all these messages, but I'm learning as I go.
Here's my situation: I have an ethernet connection the the internet which
uses DHCP, and I want map it to another ethernet connection to another
computer. The internet connection is on sn0, and once I buy a new card
(this afternoon) the other computer will be on sn1. Since it's DHCP, the
ip# for sn0 will not always be the same, in fact it may even change while
the computer is on. However, the domain name for sn0 will always be the
same (scdesantis.ne.mediaone.net). I suppose one solution is when it
starts up, nslookup scdesantis.ne.mediaone.net, and map to that ip#, and
if it changes, remap it by hand. It's a kludge, but it might work? And
can someone please tell me what the commands are I need to do to map it
and stuff?
TIA,
Xiamin