Subject: Re: Does X server work on current?
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei_sun@ba2.so-net.or.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/19/1997 23:40:15
Hi, Colin. Thank you for your reply.

mail # <9707190247.AA85870@pdxcs200.intel.com> ,
"Colin Wood" <cwood@ichips.intel.com> wrote:

> Screen 0 at 0x41b8040, 640 by 870, rowB 80, fbbase 0x83ae040.
> vm_fault(11f000, 77777000, 1, 0) -> 1
> type 8, code = 401074d, v = 7777777f
> kernel:MMU fault trap
> pid = 177, pc = 0009a486, ps = 2009, sfc = 0001, dfc = 0001
> Registers:
> (Register dump)

Colin> So the above was a result of using the 13" monitor???
Colin> What color mode are you booting in?  What does a 'trace'
Colin> in the debugger say at this point?

Err, no.  It's the result of using Portrait Video card.  b/w
mode is selected on both monitors.

Colin> How disturbing...I have a very similar system, but
Colin> I'm not running recent -current anymore (I'll have to
Colin> upgrade, soon, tho).  Which X server is this one?
Colin> The color one off of puma, or the latest one off of
Colin> ftp.netbsd.org?  Could your X server have been
Colin> corrupted somehow?

That's it!  I ftp'd X server from ftp.netbsd.org, and it
works on internal video.  My X server was corrupted.
Modification date of the damaged file is 13 Jul, so I think
it corrupted when my system crashed.

I'll try if it works on the NuBUS video card and report the
result later.

Colin> A little bit more information might help someone in
Colin> the know help a bit more than I can ;-)

Yes it does.  Your suggenstion is vary helpfull.  Thank you.

--
SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei_sun@ba2.so-net.or.jp>